Sunday 11 May 2014

It has been a huge week.  With me running at the spur of the moment to be with my daughter in Brisbane.  She  has been unwell and in hospital so I went to give her a bit of a hand and to look after my gorgeous granddaughter and of course my daughter as well.  Really, any excuse for me to go see my kids would do. 

Luckily, my daughter is on the mend.  I came home last night, with many orders to do for my crafting.  I have spent almost all day today trying to catch up, hence where I would normally have my dinner menu already thought of before I even get out of bed, today, my mind was really elsewhere.

So come 5pm tonight , I was in panic station.  which is usually not the case.  Of course I haven't been to the supermarket either so had to make do with what I had in the fridge/freezer and pantry.  I also needed to clean out the fridge of food stuffs before we go away.

This is my recipe for Bacon and Brie quiche.  Hope you enjoyed it.  It worked a treat as usual in my house.

Serves 4 with a side salad.

Frozen puff pastry (about 2 sheets)
a few squirts of oil
rindless bacon approx 250g chopped
sliced onion
garlic clove crushed
cup of peas or mixed vegetables
1 cup of cream
3-4 eggs
approx 60g of Brie
thyme leaves

1. Preheat oven to about 220 degrees Celsius. and lightly grease a pie plate.
2. Line pie plate with pastry and trim to fit rolling edges.
3. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, until puffed.  Press down centre, cool.
4. Reduce the oven to approximately 200 degrees C
5. Whilst the pastry is cooking, saute bacon, onion and garlic until onion is tender.
6. Whisk eggs and cream together and season to taste.
7.  Spread the the peas/mixed vegetables and the bacon mixture into the the shell.
8. Pour the egg mixture on top, top with the cheese and sprinkle thyme over the top.
9. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.  Can be served cold.

Would love to hear how you go with it.

No comments: